Akshaya Tritiya is celebrated on the third day in the month of ‘Vaisakha’. Akshaya means something which is imperishable and tritiya means the ‘third day’. It is considered to be the most auspicious day to start a new business, venture etc. Any venture started on this day, will definitely bring fruitful results and enormous success. It is said that on this day, the sixth avatar of Vishnu; ‘Purshuram’ was born. This day marked the start of Treta Yuga. If any metal especially gold is purchased on this day, it will bring fortune and auspiciousness along with happiness and love.
As Akshaya Tritiya is also known to be the day of donation, these are 5 donations or ‘daan’ that you can do, in order to bring prosperity and fortune into your lives:
- Jala Daan: Donating water to a Brahmin on this day will bring wealth in your lives.
- Shayana Daan - Donating Beds to a poor person or a beggar on this occasion will bring happiness.
- Vastra Daan- If you donate clothes on this day, you will be blessed with a long life.
- Kumkum Daan- Donating kumkum to a married woman will bless you with a good husband and if you’re married, your husband will be blessed with a long life.
- Padaraksha- It is believed that donating slippers or any kind of footwear on this day will prevent you from going to hell.
So, these are the donations that you can make to get a wealthy, happy and prosperous life.
Happy Akshaya Tritiya!